A visa to Vietnam can be applied for by mail or in person at the Embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok (Thailand).
A visa to Vietnam can be applied for by mail or in person at the Embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok (Thailand) as early as six months prior to the date of travel. Like in most other nations, if you are stay or reside in Bangkok (Thailand), there are two ways to apply for Vietnam visa: Visa on arrival and visa code.
You should know some important notes which be kept in mind when you get Visa at Vietnam Embassy in Bangkok as follow:
- Contact Vietnam Embassy to know the working time, holiday…before coming
- Check your passport again to make sure that it is still valid at least six months before getting Vietnam Visa in Bangkok.
- Show your visa application form + your original passport + 2 passport-sized pictures (4*6cm) + pay some US dollars by cash (from US$50 upward) for visa stamping fee (paid by yourself at the Vietnam Embassy in Thailand (Bangkok) to get your visa code. Up to now, the credit card is not accepted.
- Need to have a blank page on your passport because the visa will be glued on it. If your passport now has no space (full) for the new stamp, you should contact/come to your Embassy in Bangkok for asking to renew your passport. Normally, it will take 5- 7 working days
- Forget to find and note Vietnam Embassy’s address before going.
- Lose your temper if you have to wait in a long queue as the Vietnam Embassy do receive a lot of Vietnam visa requests of tourists a day.
- Need to show the financial evidences in applying for a Vietnam visa from Bangkok.
Good luck and have a nice time in Vietnam!